A la Une

CEMAC : Cameroon Achieves 55% of Transaction in 2022

The report on payment services in the Cemac zone in 2022 informs that Cameroon has achieved 55 % transactions. This report is published by the Bank of Central African States (Beac) on November 7, 2023.

According to the report on payment services in CEMAC of 2022, published this November 7, 2023 by the Bank of Central African States (Beac), Cameroon concentrates the majority of transactions both in number (71 % or 1.7 billion operations out of 2.4 billion) and in value (55% or 59,003 billion FCFA out of 107,126 billion FCFA) of the six countries (Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea) of the subregion. Congo occupies the second place with (15% or 364 million transactions, while Gabon comes in second place in terms of value (15 % or 16 164 billion FCFA).

Regarding cash withdrawals at ATMs, over 10.4 million manual withdrawals were made in Cameroon, out of over 17.9 million in the Cemac. This represents 10,732. 7 billion FCFA out of 17,158. 4 billion FCFA. Cameroon also dominates in terms of payments by check with more than 1.2 million operations out of more than 2.4 million in the subregion. Ditto in banking transactions by check with 533,265 operations out of 1.08 million carried out in the subregion. Which represents a variation of 0.6 % compared to 2021 at the national level, and 8.47% at the Cemac level.

At the level of domestic remittances, Cameroon concentrates 234,080 money transfers received out of 456,953 made in the subregion. The country is also performing at the level of money transfers sent with 600,970 transfers out of 733,648 made. With regard to access to electronic money services, the number of electronic money payment accounts in CEMAC exceeded 37 million, compared to 35 million in 2021, an increase of 6.62 % in slowdown compared to previous years.

According to BEAC, the number of transactions increased by 20.66 % in 2022, to reach 2,309 million transactions against 1,914 million transactions in 2021. More than 6.3 million transactions on average were processed daily in 2022 by all the community’s electronic money payment platforms, compared to 5.2 million in 2021. With the increase in the number of transactions, the average unit value of the electronic money operation continues to decrease (-9.63 %) from 10,760 FCFA in 2021 to 9,738 FCFA in 2022. In value, the flows increased by 9.21 %, during the period under review, from 20,596 billion FCFA in 2021, to 22,493 billion FCFA in 2022.

In 2022, Cemac included 498 payment service providers who had opened more than 37 million accounts to the inhabitants of the community. In number, the most widely used payment instrument is the instant electronic money transfer with more than 96 % of transactions (2.3 billion operations) followed by the classic transfer and cards with 2 % of transactions (48.3 million operations).

In terms of value, conventional transfers come first with 44% of transactions, i.e. 48,573 billion FCFA, followed by instant electronic money transfers used in 21 % of transactions (23,332 billion FCFA). Transfers (all categories combined) represent 65 % of the value of all transactions in the area.

Sorelle Ninguem

Afficher plus

Laisser un commentaire

Votre adresse e-mail ne sera pas publiée. Les champs obligatoires sont indiqués avec *

Bouton retour en haut de la page